Friday, December 28, 2007

Saint-Croix-du Mont, Château La Rame 1998

Dessert Wine

A light golden color, with a fruity aroma that I was not able to place. I was in love at first sip. It lightly hit my tongue, with a medium weight. And it had a wet texture, I'm not sure how to describe it, but it is opposite of a sec red. It kinda bounced in your mouth. After swallowed, it left very little after taste, which I felt for a stand alone dessert wine it leaves something to be desired. But I paired it with my favorite dessert Creme Brulee and it was a great match. Where relatively little after taste and sweet flavor complemented well with the dessert
4/5 Fleur de Lis

In short a great compliment to a sweet dessert, not a bitter dessert such as a dark chocolate or tiramisu, but not strong enough to be a lone dessert

No comments: