Monday, December 17, 2007

Stephen Vincent - Crimson 2005

This California red pours a inky purple glass. Initially there is a rather harsh oak nose with hints on alcohol, though as it is left to breath the wine takes on a much sweeter almost port aroma. On first taste there is a surprising amount of dried fruit flavor, think figs, dates and raisins. Its a nice departure from the standard dark berry and plum I've come to expect in most bigger reds. The taste quickly filled my mouth and the tip of my tongue with a slightly sweet, tanic undertone. The wine's flavors mellow, leaving my palate almost a quickly as they come. My mouth was left feeling wet and sated, though still searching for a little more body. Overall this was a very pleasant evening wine to sip by itself or with some lighter fair.

No comments: